When it comes to SEO in Magento, Schema.org plays a crucial role. Today, we are going to discuss the integration of Schema.org into Magento and its effect on this eСommerce platform.
When it comes to Schema.org, it doesn’t only act as a powerful tool for data optimization, but it also works to improve your Magento store’s ranking in SERPs. Although it is a common knowledge that giants like Google, Pinterest, Microsoft and others use Schema.org apps, what exactly is a schema markup?
A schema markup is defined as a semantic vocabulary existing in the form of code which, when added to your Magento website, allows search engines to make use of the code to provide users with a more informative pool of results. The best example of this code utilization is the addition of a rich snippet in a product’s search results on a search engine.
The Schema.org markup is utilizing to create Rich snippets with the following data categories displaying:
- average score,
- short descriptions,
- brand name.
This allows customers to gain access to a significant amount of essential information, even before they actually make their way to your store. This doesn’t only save users’ time but also attracts them towards your store while creating an improved eCommerce experience altogether. Apart from that, it also helps increase ranking numbers as rich snippets are considered to be one of the vital factors on the ranking meter. However, the extension is yet to be made available for Magento 2.
Three Important Facts You Need To Know About Schema.org Markup
- The use of Schema.org allows search engines to understand what your website content actually means. This in turn, helps you improve rankings.
- The fact that it is based on semantic vocabulary which uses microdata format makes the Schema.org markup easy to use and master. Although you are still stuck with the same HTML pages, you now have to integrate Schema’s vocabulary into the available HTML microdata.
- While most search engine giants stand behind Schema.org since it works towards UE improvements, it can also be used as a powerful SEO improvement tool at times.
What Makes Schema.org Integration into Magento 2 that Important?
The whole ideology of Schema.org revolves around providing markup for any and all the types of content. It does not matter what products you are selling through your Magento 2 website; you will get a better ranking by its integration with Schema.org. However, the benefits of this integration are not just limited to ranking. Some of the other advantages are:
- It doesn’t only improve your current ranking status but also helps you gain a better position in SERPs.
- An improved shopping experience is provided to all your customers.
- A more loyal customer pool is created due to the improved experience.
- An increased amount of time is spent on the website due to the improved experience, which improves ranking along with social media shares.
- The increased number of sales is generated by a loyal pool of shoppers