We are living in the mobile-first world, where people are increasingly using their handheld devices to surf the global Web. Statista forecasts that by 2019, the number of mobile phone users will reach 4.77 billion. This forces merchants to shift towards choosing the most mobile-friendly solutions.
On April 21, 2015, Google announced that its search algorithms would start giving higher preference to mobile-friendly websites. In December 2016, the search engine also rolled out a new ‘Mobile First Index’ that ranks websites based on the mobile version of their content.
Hence, it has become imperative for eCommerce sites to make their websites mobile-friendly. Highly responsive mobile-friendly website not only enhances the shopping experience for your existing customers, but also lets you interact with new shoppers, and sell to those who are actively using their mobile devices.
Key Features of Magento 2 Mobile-Functionality
Magento 2 was specifically developed with mobile commerce requirements in mind. Some of the main features of Magento 2 (that are required to make any website mobile-friendly) are as follows:
• Magento 2 has been optimized to perform well without any glitches on any desktop and mobile device and in any browser,
• One of the most important features of Magento 2 is that the interface has been designed to be touchscreen friendly and has been optimized for smartphones and tablets of different kinds,
• Magento 2 has a brand new Administration panel that is also mobile friendly,
• Magento 2 provides an enhanced user experience for store owners, as well as customers irrespective of the type of a device used for browsing.
How to Make Magento 2 Mobile Friendly?
If you want to make your eCommerce website mobile-friendly and responsive, make sure to use Magento 2 responsive theme. We’ve picked up a few options for you to consider.
The image is clickable.
• It supports over 18 Magento extensions and is based on CSS3.
• It has been optimized for SEO. Its improved HTML structure will do wonders for any website. Its performance has been tested on various browsers and mobile devices.
• Given that Argento theme is developed using CSS sprite techniques, it is one of the fastest Magento2 mobile themes and has low downtime.
• It is compatible with iOS and Android, as well as Blackberry systems.
• The theme comes with Free Installation. Users are also entitled to 1-month Free support.
• The Argento theme allows users to customize the Homepage by adding widgets, changing the logo, modifying the menu, etc.
• Argento is currently compatible with Magento 2 CE 2.1.5 – 2.2.2 versions.
The image is clickable.
This was the first free Magento2 mobile template, a gift to the Magento merchants on the occasion of a new version release of the platform.
This Mahgento2 Mobile Theme has the following distinctive features:
• fully responsive,
• improved checkout,
• compatibility with Ajax Cart,
• compatibility with Bootstrap 3.x Layout Components,
• off-canvas menu, and more.
The image is clickable.
This Magento2 mobile theme will suite eCommerce stores that want to look modern and clean. While it doesn’t go free of charge, you’ll currently have to pay around $83 to use this theme.
Take a look at the functionality that this Magento2 mobile theme offers:
• 15 predefined layouts,
• dozens of integrated extensions,
• frontend builder,
• chance to choose between design that is fully responsive and a mobile theme that is fully optimized, and more.
With the Magento world slowly but steadily shifting to Magento 2, there is a great deal of Magento2 mobile templates worth considering. Also, Everything Magento Theme, Porto, and Magento 2 Fashion Theme are just some of the top themes that might get you interested.
Accelerated Mobile Pages –AMP
There is probably no single person who has never heard about AMP. Being quite trendy, this initiated by Google technology allows to significantly improve the performance of web content and advertising. With Google requesting the content of canonical pages to match data displayed through AMP, merchants must do their best to improve UI of their online stores to be a success in the future. Magento2 AMP is a totally new approach that goes was beyond responsiveness.
Today, even more customers use their smartphones and tablets to browse through eCommerce websites. If they feel that the website is slow to load images or does not support mobile browsing, they simply ditch it and never come back.
Thus, ensuring that your Magento 2 based website is mobile-friendly is no longer just an option. It has become a pre-requisite for any eCommerce website. With a number of highly responsive Magento mobile themes available, users can integrate them into their website and make it mobile friendly.