A ‘Bundle Product’ is one of six default product types in Magento 2, which some users find quite complicated to configure. However, ‘Bundle Product’ carries different and its own custom options that must be carefully studied.
So, if you want to offer your clients a customizable collection of products, you’ll need to create a bundle product then.
There are two product types a bundle product can be based on:
- Simple product, i.e. standalone products that can be sold either individually or as a part of something else
- Virtual product, i.e. intangible offerings – such as services, warranties, music, etc – that can be sold either individually or as a part of something else
In order to create a bundle product, you’ll need to set product preferences to ensure it is conveniently created.
What Does a ‘Bundle Product’ mean in Magento 2?
Bundle can be defined as “Built on your own” as it enables customers to create their own bundles. This can be picking up a gift out of a variety of single products, or letting customers assemble computer parts for their specific needs and requirements.
Steps to Create Bundle Products in Magento 2
Go to the Admin Panel of your Magento 2 store. Then click Catalog > Products.
Choose ‘Bundle Product’ at the ‘Add Product’ section:
You’ll be forwarded to the ‘New Product’ page to enter all the necessary details, such as attribute set, product name, SKU, dynamic SKU, etc.
Custom Options for a Bundle Product in Magento 2
In order to configure custom options with respect to a bundle product in Magento 2, one has to complete the following fields:
· Decide on how you want to ‘Ship Bundle Items’ from the Option that could either be separate or joint one.
· Afterwards, click ‘Add Option’.
· Then add an item to “Bundle Product” in the Magento 2.
Also, make sure you enter Bundle Option Title, which will be used as a field label. After getting it done, choose the ‘Input Type’ from the following options:
- Drop-down. It is used to make items displayed as a drop-down list of options including the product name as well as price.
- Radio buttons. This option allows showing radio buttons for each of the option preceded by the product name and price. Here also, one item could be selected.
- Checkbox. One can use Check box instead of a radio button preceded by product name and price. Here multiple items could be selected to show.
- Multiple Select. This option allows users to choose multiple items that show the list of options by means of product name and price. To select multiple items, simply hold on to the Ctrl (or Option) key then click each item.
After you are done with the above-mentioned configurations, click ‘Add Products to Option’.
This will bring you to a new page where you’ll need to tick all the checkboxes of products you’d like to incorporate in the option.
Congrats! You’ve completed all the required steps to configure a bundle product in your Magento 2 store! Also, you can repeat these steps to add as many options as required.
In order to remove an option, you’ll need to look for a small Del icon that is subsequently present next to a Bundle Item.
As you can see, the creation of bundle products can be beneficial for you Magento 2 store, and help you achieve certain business needs, while creating highly customizable products.
With these easy steps in mind, you are doomed to success!